Friday, January 18, 2008

I Do Not Have a Weapon

Last night, I knew we were going to visit Hangdog this morning and I had retreived messages. One of them was the jeweler telling me Hangdog's favorite watch had a new battery and was ready to go. It's the one that he pushes the button and it says, "DING! It's 8:40 a.m." This makes him very happy.

I called the jewelry store. I got a live person but she informed me that they had closed about a half an hour ago. Once I explained the situation, she said, "Oh, come on over." I have no clue why they are so nice to me because I NEVER buy jewelry.

I was instructed to go to the back door and bang on it. It's heavy and thick -- probably some kind of security thing. Finally, it was opened by a humongous security person, cop, night watchman, whatever. I threw up my hands and said,"I am unarmed."

He laughed and gave me Hangdog's watch.

No comments: