Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back to the Day

I honestly wouldn't choose to go back but let's just fantasize a bit ...

I'd pick those days when Greg used to do my pesky lawn chores and then sneak a kiss in the back of my parent's pick-up truck while we were on our way to some convoluted hoe-down.

I'd pick those days when Jeff used to tell me I was the prettiest woman on earth and he meant it.

I'd pick those days when Kirk fell in love with me (or I tricked him into thinking he was) and for a while, it was bliss.

I'd pick those days when the neighborhood kids ran around like maniacs. I'd climb a tree, play spin the bottle, get punched in the gut ... bring it on.

I'd pick those days when Jan and Deb decided Sheri made a good threesome. Still going strong.

I'd pick those college days. Again and again and again.

I'd pick the daughter's teenage years and the baby's young years.

I'd pick when I was courting the husband and he was courting me.

Tomorrow Hangdog goes to the "Home." All he's asked me for is some laundry and my cell phone number.

I'd pick any day except today or tomorrow.

No comments: