Sunday, January 6, 2008

BODA

In case this phrase has not made it into your vernacular, it stands for Big Ol' Dumb A**. We love this phrase.

Depending on who wins the crossword competition, the husband and I say to each other, "Who's the BODA today?"

I can be a BODA about almost anything. The Middle East? I study and study and I still am a BODA. Politics? I still don't understand the difference between the caucuses and the primaries. I'm a BODA about how Iowa and New Hampshire (two teensy states) have so much influence. I'm a BODA about why the candidate's religious beliefs seem to be front and center, yet no one has caught my attention with exactly how they're going to change/fix the problems in this country.

Elder care is the area that I am struggling with on a daily basis. I am a BODA about the VA system, the Medicare system, the necessary versus unnecessary medications, etc. I am terrified that the oldies are in the wrong hands. I try to tend to things but ...

Last night involved multiple requests. I gave Hangdog a manicure. I fetched things (something I should teach the dog.) If he can't find me, he stands in the living room and shouts my name. I'm thinking of changing my name to BODA.

No comments: