Friday, January 18, 2008

Favorite Parent

I don't have a favorite parent. Sorry to be gushy but I think they're both pretty wonderful. As the user that I have become, I rely on both of them for different things.

The husband is kind to both parents but his loyalty is to his mother. His brother is the constant defender of the father. It's interesting to eavesdrop on those conversations. They both defend their views like they're in a court of law. (He has two other brothers but ... when you can't say something nice, say nothing at all.)

We adopted this crazy, maniacal dog a little over a year ago. I feed her, walk her, provide the treats, and see to her every need. She treats me like a litter mate. Big Daddy is her favorite parent.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

You're doing a wonderful thing by keeping all of us up to date on what's happening. Hope the writing is helping you as well.

But, by the way, I don't think you ever want your mom (or me) running topless to get you a meal.

So take care of yourself.

Sandy said...

I agree with Cess.