Thursday, January 17, 2008

I've Got Your Number

Really smart people know to go into duck and cover mode if they see me approaching with a pen and notebook in hand. I'm not going to write an expose -- I just need your phone numbers.

I've never let a vet treat my dog(s) without knowing his or her home phone, cell phone, office phone and fax numbers. If you are not willing to make these available to me, I am not willing to work with you. Every single person treating the oldies has my numbers and I have all of theirs.

My mom went to visit Hangdog today. I will be heading up there later. She stopped by and mentioned that the thing on my face (non-malignant, but unsightly) needs to be removed. So, I thought I could perhaps fit that in over the next few days. I called my dermatologist.

Like all doctor's offices, I had to meander through the convoluted system until I finally reached a recording that told me she will be out of the office until Monday. I am working on patience but it hasn't kicked in yet. So, I left a message on her home phone and her cell phone.

She'll get me in. But she probably regrets that I have her numbers.

No comments: