Monday, January 14, 2008

You Betcha!

I used to consider myself an honorable person. Those days are a faint memory.

I used to try to accommodate everyone. Those days are fading fast.

I used to enjoy cooking. Now if anyone asks me what's for dinner, I turn into a boxer. (So far I haven't actually punched anyone.)

I vaguely recall quiet time. I used to enjoy it.

Hangdog is so lonely and lost without his Honey. I understand this and it breaks my heart. It does not turn me into her or a servant. There is a new and different need every ten minutes.

I've tried to be extremely responsible with medications. I've even moved the one narcotic into my office. But, here's what I know... it knocks him out.

So, tonight when he asked for one I did not give him a placebo. I said, "You betcha!"

No comments: