Thursday, January 17, 2008

Peeps

I am blessed with so many people who love me. It's reciprocated but I don't do nearly as much for them as they do for me. I am also blessed with people who let me call them day or night -- and I do. So what if it's 4:00am, I need to talk to you. These are my peeps. The husband finds this extremely weird but he lets it pass.

Whenever there's news to be shared or a crisis, I am reminded of the power of the circle. Need food? Done. Need phone calls made? Done. Need someone to transport the oldies somewhere or visit the oldies? Done. Of course my parents have pitched in with their usual fervor. She's visiting Hangdog as I write this. Before long she'll just sign over their house to me. She can't give enough and I am guilty of being the taker. I'm not sure what more I could ask of them. I neglect them while I freak about the oldies.

My parents would give me (or you) the shirt off their backs. Then, they would run topless to get you a meal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If something happened to one of us you would give the shirt off your back too. I am sure of that!

Anonymous said...

Yes, she absolutely would. Pammie

Anonymous said...

That describes your parents perfectly. They are angels in discuise. Patsy

Sandy said...

Thank you, Patsy.