Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Counting Syllables

If you live with someone long enough, you can often predict the phrase that's going to come out of his or her mouth. It's a fun little game that I happen to enjoy.

For instance, I will stub my toe or bash my knee into something and say "Ouuuuch!" The husband will inform me that "ouch" is only one syllable.

Sometimes I talk to the maniac dog and I say, "That's the ruuuule." The husband informs me that "rule" is only one syllable. I can stretch "damn" for three syllables. He has forgotten his southern roots. The Belle could stretch my simple, 5-letter, 2-syllable name into nine syllables. (That's when I knew I was in trouble.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Weeell Blesss Hisss Heart..he just doesnt get it. Most men think a southern accent is very sexy. He has forgotten his Southern Roots. I just hope he tells people he has a sofa in your home and not a couch. Mother always said, "you have a sofa in your house and a couch in your trailor". My love to you both. Beth