Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Skeptic

As I write this, Hangdog is headed to the hospital. He fell this morning and he's insisting on going to the hospital. Our doctor (saint-in-training) will meet him there.
First skeptical thought: He knows the husband is leaving today.
This is the third fall this week.
Second skeptical thought: Convenient timing.
He's having erratic behavior more of the time. He's babbling at one point and coherent the next.
Third skeptical thought: It's a plot to get pain pills.
One of my wives-in-law visited with him yesterday and then called me to express her concern.
Fourth skeptical thought: She's in on it. (Just kidding!)
The husband is stressed, as am I. We had a quick bite with some friends last night and as usual, I looked around the table and realized every single person there is dealing with some form of this situation.

No comments: