Friday, March 7, 2008

Opposite Coasts

Part of the reason the husband and I were trying to steal a little time last night is that we are headed to opposite coasts next week. We've got to coordinate some time with baby while he's home on break and my rock & roll husband has two band gigs coming up this weekend. Throw in work issues and Hangdog ... well, we're trying to be a well-oiled machine. We're failing but don't we get credit for trying?

The husband is going on a business trip to California. Several of my girlfriends are going to Florida for a winter escape. I did not plan to attend but the husband has concluded I must go. Secretly, I think he's deciding between sending me on a girlfriend trip or visiting me in the nut house. (I am not making fun of mental illness.)

So, I will go to Florida for a few days. The husband will go to California. Hangdog will be in the Home. Hangdog will call me at least five times each day.

I'm taking books and lots of work stuff. I will never turn off my cell phone. I may fed ex the dog pillow to Florida. Curling up on it gives me a strange comfort.

Cross check and call forward. I'm out of here for a few days. Of course, I will still blog.

4 comments:

cecily crossman said...

Where are you going in Florida?

Anonymous said...

Have a good time and take lots of liquor. You have earned it. Beth

Anonymous said...

Usually, the thing you do not want to do turns out to be the best. Have fun. Patsy

janis said...

You deserve this trip. Please only answer one call a day from Hangdog. Remind him you might not get good reception! Call if you need the dog pillow, I will fedEx it as soon as you call! I promise not to call you every day too. You need Florida!