Saturday, March 1, 2008

Wacky Relatives

If you show me a family that doesn't have some wacky relatives, I will come to your house and polish your floors. We all have them. Let's stop pretending.

My cousin (in-law) called me a Yankee recently. I haven't decided if she's right or not. I'm not sure it can be defined. I land in both camps.

In the husband and my extended families, we have our fair share of wackos. Yankees get stoic and pretend it's just a phase. Southerners prop them in a chair, put a drink in their hands and encourage the stories. (They usually include a slice of pie.)

Many years ago, we had a relative visit us. The husband pulled me in the kitchen and said, "She's a little affected, isn't she?" I said, "Yes, but the stories are great."

1 comment:

janis said...

I don't have any wacky relatives.
HA HA HA HA HA!