Wednesday, February 13, 2008

60 Excess Pounds



Remember when Oprah lost a ton of weight on that liquid diet? Then she carted a wheelbarrel of fat on the stage to show the significance. Like several million other lemmings, I was watching and I was enthralled.

I've never needed to lose gobs of weight. Occasionally a few pounds here and there. Nothing extreme because my vices are different. Not right; just different.
But, I do know what it's like to carry 60 extra pounds. See mine above. (Yes, this is the dog pillow I drag from room to room.)

My office chair is on wheels and I've been scurried around. I've put a leash on her and been dragged through the neighborhood.

The Belle loved her. They used to play ball and of course, I was constantly terrified that she might knock her down. Hangdog has no use for her. (Maybe that's why he isn't living here.) My dad likes her. My mom is in constant fear that she'll bang into her bad knee. And trust me, she will. I like to freak my mom out and say, "I'm coming over and I'm bringing the dog."

My girlfriends are very loving with her. Most of them have big dogs and they have lived through the puppy stage. I think Houseboy might want to adopt her. His wife and sons have taken incredible care of her.

The husband pretends to hate her but he's not fooling me.

1 comment:

janis said...

Gabby Girl! I can't believe she only weighs 60#. She feels like 100! I love this happy girl. I brace myself for her, & my arm scratch is still healing, but I love this lovey, she is wonderful!