Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fix It

The oldies believed I could fix almost anything. If I couldn't do it personally, I knew the person to call. (This is a nice counterbalance to the people in my life who think I cannot fix a thing.)

Last night, the rock & roll person that shares my last name had a band gig. I did not attend -- mainly because I couldn't stop sneezing. I planned a hot bath, some play time with the dog and watching a goofy movie in bed.

Never make plans.

Hangdog had a headache. I know this because he called me repeatedly and begged me to fix it. I don't doubt that he was hurting but I do doubt it was "The Worst Headache Ever!" I spoke with the nurse and reviewed the medication he had been given. I spoke with the nurse later, after she had spoken with two doctors. I called to check on him. Then, I looked up and it was almost midnight.

I didn't fix a thing. I gave him a little peace of mind and hopefully, some comfort.

His headache is the least of his health issues. Mainly, it's a broken heart and I can't fix it.

No comments: