Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Wedding Dress

For many young women, the wedding dress is the ultimate outfit. It represents one of the most important days of your life. You want to be well dressed.

I've taken more than one stroll down the aisle.

The mother-in-law once confided in me that she was terrified she would never meet "Mr. Right." When she did and they decided to marry, she went all out:



I have a friend who wore her mother's wedding dress when she got married 23+ years ago. Daughters don't do that as often anymore. My mother married my father in a borrowed dress from a friend. I married the husband in a red dress. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I wish I knew what happened to this gorgeous dress. It's not just a dress; it's a symbol.

3 comments:

janis said...

This is such a beautiful picture of Eve.
I wanted to wear my Mom's but it did not survie her "packing". Also I am much taller than she. I would love for my girls to want mine, but that 80's style just doesn't get them excited!

Anonymous said...

I do not know if you are referring to Kim but I still remember the day she tried the dress on and said she would wear it. I almost burst I was so happy. Then later I found out that she used to get it out and whoever was included, wore it in the basement to play. Good thing it held up. Patsy

Sheri Riley said...

I'm breaking my own rule because I try not to respond to comments. But ...

Yes, I was referring to Kim. And, yes, I was one of those girls who wore your wedding dress when we played dress up.