Saturday, February 23, 2008

When We Were Young


Although I am blah, blah, blah about my own life, Big Daddy and the oldies, I try very hard to respect the privacy of others.

My parents, the daughter and the baby may beg to differ.

This blog has allowed me to connect or reconnect with people. It's allowed me to meet new people and welcome their perspectives. It's a venue where people tell me things that they may not have said to my face. Complete strangers comment and I love it.

So, I hope these two people will forgive me but I got very nostalgic today. Childhood games and the neighborhood swirled through my mind. If anyone gets nasty with me, I'll dig out the really old ones.

Circa 1979

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That boy wishes he had all that hair today! Brings back good memories. Patsy

janis said...

All yes! It was '79. I am glad that sending this picture to you made you laugh & I am honored you put it in the blog. We had some hilarious moments and a ton of fun. It cracks me up that R has his "perm" and I can show my girls that I was once so limber! My friendship with you both will always be a favorite memory for me. I miss R. We should have stayed in better touch like you & I. As I have been sorting through all these old pictures from the seventies & eighties, I have had so many laughs! We need to get together and just pour through them together. I do have some "keepers!"