Friday, February 1, 2008

He's Got My Number

Hangdog is being transported from one hospital, where he checked out ok, to the VA hospital for the necessary evaluation before he can go back to the Home.

I answered the phone a few minutes ago and it was an EMT, traveling with my father-in-law in an ambulance. Pop needed to talk to me. The EMT is probably taking an oxygen moment. Good plan.

A while ago, I made these big flash cards for him with phone numbers. I forgot the engineering mind and the memory ability.

Meanwhile, the husband is pacing the VA facility. I've let him know that his father is safe and on the way.

The doctors call our home, our various cell phones, etc. We are well informed. Pop has memorized a couple of numbers. Unless he's hampered by a medical situation, I know the numbers he will call.

No comments: