Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Belle Smell

The Belle was a big believer in expensive creams, potions and cosmetics. I feel like I need to call Nordstrom's to apologize for their lack of revenue.

When I bother, my cosmetics and potions come from the drugstore. Usually, my facial cleansing routine is hot water and a washcloth. I have the skin to prove it. If I get really glamorous, I pull out Oil of Olay.

During the dungeon purge, I kept one bottle of expensive face cream of the Belle's. It's working on a couple of levels: my skin looks a little better and it's bringing back memories because every time I put it on, I smell like the Belle.

3 comments:

janis said...

I have always told you that is one luxury you should enjoy. Also what a nice extra to be reminded of her when you use it. She'd be proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I was not going to say this but I have to. When my mother passed away, in Milwaukee, her clothes were left there. It was February so her coat was still in the front closet along with other pieces. My sister would go to the closet and just smell them so she could feel closer. It is comforting. Patsy

janis said...

Patsy..I did the same thing! When Grandma Kitty died, we had to go to her place in San Antonio. I was so uncomfortable with family "picking things" they wanted to keep. I understand that it needed to be done, but I felt intrusive. Anyway, my sister found me in the closet wrapped in Grandma's robe. I felt in her arms. I will never forget how loved she made me feel & her smell will always be with me.