Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spay and Neuter Day

I get a little tired of the "Cause of the day/month." Right now it's Black History Month. Next will be Colon Cancer Month, Lung Cancer Month, etc. These are all good causes; I just don't need it shoved down my throat.

Yet, here I go ...

Today is Spay and Neuter day. I feel a little like Bob Barker. "Spay and neuter your pets!" He used to end his sign off on The Price is Right with this saying.

Pedigree dog food is running a series of TV commercials that send me over the edge. Homeless dogs, abandoned pets, etc. They give a portion of their proceeds to appropriate kennels and humane societies. I've been involved in marketing for most of my adult life so I know how difficult it is to get someone to change brands or change behavior.

My spoiled rotten dog doesn't know it but we're changing dog foods.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Our dogs eat Pedigree dog food.