Saturday, February 16, 2008

Taco Night

A friend of mine used to tape her favorite shows during the week. (This was before Tivo and similar contraptions.) Then Friday night became Taco and Tape Night. I tried it and it failed on a couple of levels:

Homemade tacos don't appeal to the husband. He'd rather go out and his choice is never tacos.
We rarely agree on TV shows or movies (although we do enjoy the ones where one spouse tries to off the other one.)

I tried it once with the oldies. The Belle had great fun. Hangdog hated it. So, I gave up.

The husband landed in Florida this morning and is enjoying 70+ degree temperatures. I'm sure there's a golf club in his hand. I am headed for a mad dash to the grocery for various things. Then I will have my own personal Taco and movie night. Later, I might read a bit. I might curl up with the dog. I might listen to music. I'm giddy with options.

And the husband thinks he's on vacation!

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

"Mr. and Mrs. Smith" is the very best movie about mates trying to off each other.