Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ring Tones

When I call my girlfriend, her cell phone ring is REO Speedwagon's "Time For Me to Fly." (We were listening to it on 8 track in high school.) That was one of our favorite groups and one of our favorite songs. Her phone could be buried in the bottom of her handbag but she knows instantly that it's me. I'm impressed and jealous. She programmed my phone so when Big Daddy calls, instead of his phone number, it says, "Husband."

The baby has different ring tones for different people. I have no idea what mine is but we've joked that maybe it should be that old song, "The Bitch is Back." Yet, he still answers.

Big Daddy and the daughter text each other. Learning text messaging is next on my technology agenda but I'm not sure I have the dexterity. How did I get so far behind?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to comment because it reminded me of Cheryl C. (parent's next door neighbor). The Bitch is Back was popular when she lived in the dorm at I.U. One of the girls on the floor was a bitch. When she went away on the weekends and then returned they had that song blaring for her. I loved that story. Patsy

cecily crossman said...

Ellie just returned from Africa (Togo) after 2 months. She and her parents texted every day.

janis said...

It's the perfect ringtone for you! I always think of our hand motions to the song we made up. I love having a different ringtone for my special peps! I would DIE without texting! I really wish you'd get that working on your phone!! I don't know why we couldn't get it together. Lets get Annie to try with your phone again, she is my little techie! D gets goofy text messages from me all the time! That is sometimes the only communication I get from the girls. Even Ronnie(S) sends me text msgs!