Saturday, February 2, 2008

Painful Packing

Packing is usually fun for me. I'm going on a trip! (Cross check and call forward!)

Today is a different kind of packing. We're taking small bites of clearing out the Belle's things. It's awful.

It's an oldies thing but every single thing seems to be wrapped in plastic or tissues or both. Plus, she was a stasher, so you might find receipts or a strand of pearls in any given pocket or handbag. Then on come the emotions. I remember the last time she wore that. I remember how many compliments she received on that outfit. A couple of times the husband said, "This is nice, you might like this." My response was, "It's mine. I loaned it to her."

She was the Anti-Sheri. I hate shopping. Shopping was a huge adventure to her. We are giving away glorious clothes and multiple things.

My friend, Big Sal, is out of town. If she were here, she would be checking out the Goodwill. She's the ultimate bargain hunter. I had a dream last night about Big Sal walking into my kitchen saying, "Look what I found." Of course, it would be something that used to belong to the Belle.

No comments: