Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Idiots and Dummies

I'm a huge fan of the books that simplify things: The Idiot's Guide to (Put subject here) or (Put Subject Here) for Dummies. You know I like things explained to me like I'm a 5-year old.

Hangdog is in the hospital. Nothing urgent or life-threatening, just some tests to hopefully resolve some ongoing stomach issues. (Enough said or you might lose whatever is in your stomach.)

Headaches and stomachaches have not made his index finger immoble. He can dial that phone.

If I could stop answering the phone, running to the Home, running to the hospital, etc., I might put a book proposal together. I'd have to go through the proper channels because they own the copyright. I'm considering:

The Idiot's Guide to Oldies
Conquering Oldies for Dummies
The Idiot's Guide to Homes, Hospitals and Healthcare
The Sandwich Generation for Dummies
The Idiot's Guide to Cooking Like an Oldie

I have more but you'll have to wait. Maybe I'll see you in the bookstore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see those titles flying off the shelves. Patsy

janis said...

I would like a copy of "The Sandwich Generation for Dummies", please!

Carol D. O'Dell said...

I named my book about caregiving/sandwich generation "Mothering Mother" but I also thought of,
If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother
or
I See Old People (wait, that's my movie title)

Anyway, humor really helps. I could even get my mother (who had Alzheimer's and Parkinson's) to laugh.

~Carol D. O'Dell
Author of Mothering Mother: A Daughter's Humorous and Heartbreaking Memoir,
available onAmazon
www.mothering-mother.com