Friday, February 29, 2008

Relocating

Sometimes I get jealous of the husband and the many places he has lived. Other than college, I have lived in this city my entire life.

The daughter now lives in Texas. The baby is still in his first year of college but I have no doubt he will venture off. One part of my heart applauds this; the other part dreads it. We encourage them to have their adventures but the white underbelly part of me is always thinking, "Please come home."

The husband and I have made choices. Some right; some wrong. We've both turned down promotions because the caveat was relocating. Eventually we may choose to downsize and the husband may get his condo in a warm weather city.

But I am parochial and a creature of habit. This is my village.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

I've lived in lots of places - But this has been HOME for a long time and this is where I'll stay. That's not negotiable.

But spending time in other places with somebody I love is great.

janis said...

I would die if you ever relocated further than an hours drive! Deb leaving was hard enoughdon't even think about it! Stay in your village!