Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dog Bites

Recently, thre was a stray dog in my yard. It looked like a Chow mix and was obviously abandoned or lost. When I used my sweet voice, he came to me and I gave him some water. I had dog treats in my pocket-- doesn't everyone? -- so I gave him a couple.

His fur was matted and messy. When I reached in to see if he had any tags, he nipped me. This dog probably matched me in weight. If he had wanted to take off my arm, he would've won that contest. I gave him another treat.

Later, I remembered an open sore on his nose so I called my doctor. I'm thinking Cujo. After instructions of what to watch for, my doctor's nurse assured me that my shots are up to date, rabies are rare, etc. The poor dog was picked up by Animal Control and I'm trying not to hate the people who abandoned him. I'll just take my mind into Sheri's World and assume he had been chipped and was returned to his rightful owners.

The oldies are tolerant of my dog. Well, she is. I want to take them over to my parent's home just so they see how lucky they are. My parents have two dogs and one is a 6lb. maniac that bites everyone in her path. My ankles have never been the same since they've owned this dog. Even my mother, who is one of her primary care givers, is regularly bitten. It's usually when she has the nerve to roll over in bed and invade the trio -- my dad and the two dogs who adore him.

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

Yes, I agree. Harriet and Ashley are terrorists.