Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Movie Lines

Other than a couple of bathrooms, there is a television in every room of my home. This probably says something about our intelligence level but I'll dwell on that later.

The oldies always watch tv together and it's either the game show network or a baseball game. He can't see but she tolerates it. I hear the "ding" from the game show network throughout the day and it's a little jarring.

Big Daddy watches the History channel, Discovery or The Golf Channel. We often watch some shows together (we like the ones where the husband or wife whacks the spouse and tries to get away with it) but after that I get bored and move to another room so I can watch what I love: Movies that I have seen over and over again! Again, my intelligence comes into question.

As a writer, I love a well-composed sentence. I also love a memorable line in a movie. Here are a few of my favorites:

I love you more than my luggage.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Take it to the mattress.

Here's Johnny!

Greed is good.

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.

See ya Hubbell.

It was magic.

Winter would be cold with no warm memories.

I'll think about that tomorrow.

You can't handle the truth.

Can you name the movies? What are some of your favorites?

I tried asking the oldies this question. Again, I received the look that says I am from another planet. So, I just said, "Ding!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I know most of the answers. I hope you are going to post the answers for those of us who played along. I like game shows. I'm an oldie.