Friday, July 13, 2007

A Room with a View

My office is teensy. On top of that, it has two desks, two chairs and multiple filing cabinets. There are also dog toys so I'm regularly tripping over something or bashing into a corner of the desk. I love it anyway.

The windows face my back yard, which is in full bloom at this time of year. I can watch the dog romp. I can watch the birds from a safe distance. It's right off the kitchen so I can smell or hear if disaster strikes. I can eavesdrop on the oldies.

We renovated our home 10+ years ago. Originally this room, the bath and the laundry room were intended to be the maid's quarters. (Who does that?) We moved some doorways but for the most part, it's still the same. Since I do the laundry, it seems fitting that I spend most of my days (and some nights) in this part of the house.

Looking out the window makes me happy. Laundry does not.

No comments: