Saturday, July 7, 2007

Electronics

I can work the TV/DVD/VCR/Cable remote controls. I can meander my way through the computer issues. I can change light bulbs. That's about it.

I bought a wireless pet fence system for the puppy. My friend installed it. There's a keypad on my garage door. My friend installed it. She's cheap labor -- it just costs me a cup of coffee. There's always something broken around here. My dad fixes it. Houseboy handles everything with the lawn and changes the light bulbs I can't reach.

It's embarrassing to be so needy. So, I remind myself that some people need me too.

1 comment:

Pam Summers Lee said...

Hey, your coffee is the best in the neighborhood! I must admit that I enjoy doing things like this. My Father was a do-it-yourselfer, as WAS my husband. In the early days of our marriage, the husband bought me a Better Homes & Garden "Fix it Yourself" book which covers anything from plumbing repairs, electrical repairs to recovering furniture. This book has been quite helpful to me throughout the years. When you can't afford to hire repairs and/or installations, you attempt them yourself. If I find I just can't do it, the husband may try it and is usually successful. Need a faucet, garbage disposal, dryer belt or a new sump pump installed, I'm your gal! I must admit that as I get older, doing these repairs or replacements don't appeal to me as much, but I'm almost always up for a challenge. Luckily we can now afford a repair person. However, anytime I can help a friend and/or neighbor, I'm always willing to try.