Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Passing Notes

School was hard for me to sit through. My work was done and I was easily bored. So, I spent my time writing notes to my girlfriends. My report cards constantly had some version of the remark, "Talks too much" or "She needs to stop sending notes." In high school, we had this down to a science. We could pass in the hallway or the lunchroom. There was always a note.

About 12 or so years ago, the Golden Girls were together for one of our trips. One of them had saved many of our notes from high school. We spent countless hours reading them and belly laughing.

The other day I was in church. My mother passed me a note. Then, she passed one to my aunt, sitting in the pew behind us. I sent my mom a note back. (Yes, we did participate in the service.) I want to contact every teacher that ever corrected me. I come by this honestly. I can't help it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The note in church was one of importance.....not from boredom.
Love,
Mom

janis said...

being the referenced "Golden Girl" with a box of high school notes, I just want to point out that we are far from "Golden Girls", yet. Give that title a little more time...please. love "Rose"