Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Natural Beauty Day

A 70ish friend of mine refers to days without attention to hair and make-up as "Natural Beauty Days." Lucky for her, she has the skin and great hair to carry it off.

Natural beauty days are my norm. I roll out of bed and work out. Unless I have a pending meeting, I can get on the phone and computer, look up and 5 hours have gone by. (Whoops!) I'm still in my workout clothes and I haven't looked in a mirror since 5 A.M. I choose to blame this on the oldies. Unless there's a trip to the doctor or the warehouse store, every day is Natural Beauty Day.

Before hot rollers and blow dryers, women used to pin their hair in curlers during the day so they would look nice when their husbands came home from work. I'm doing my own version of this. I pop in the shower about 5 P.M. and slap some make-up on in case we decide to go out somewhere. It's not so much about vanity as much as I don't want to watch Big Daddy run screaming through the neighborhood.

No comments: