Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Want to Go Too!

One of the things I miss about my old job is the travel. I never thought I would feel this way because most of the business-related travel was to exotic locations like Columbus, OH or Milwaukee, WI. I griped about it constantly.

I've been in or on every size plane, bus, subway, El, and taxi imaginable. My friend (and co-worker at the bank) and I sat in the airport one morning at some ungodly hour, waiting for our flight. We were the only people in the vicinity. When it was time to board, the gate attendant announced our flight over the loud speaker. Finally, I said, "Hello! We're both right here!"

Friends and family share their travel plans. The 5-year old who lives in my brain shouts, "I want to go too!"

Our nephew left this morning. Guess what was running through my mind.

No comments: