Sunday, July 1, 2007

Your true hair color

Most women of a certain age do not know what their hair color would be in a natural state. Most of us just know it would contain more gray than desired. I think I know one girlfriend over 40-years of age who has not colored her hair. I love her but she's a freak of nature.

Your hairdresser/stylist holds your secrets. She knows the chemical combination. You could fire her but then you might spend 5 years experimenting with the next stylist until you get it right. Some don't do color; some don't do foils. Some don't do double processing. (I have no idea what double processing is but I know I have it done.)

The Baby was a towhead. Now it has darkened and it's closer to the color Big Daddy had at his age.

The mother-in-law doesn't color her hair. It's silver and beautiful. I can't go there yet.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

MY favorite quote from Steel Magnolias is Dolly Partin's "There's no such thing as a natural beauty."

Pam Summers Lee said...

I believe I would be that "over 40 girlfriend who is a freak of nature". I too was a towhead as a child, and like most, it darkened as I got older. In my mid 20's (way too long ago) I had my hair frosted twice, but since then, Mother Nature has taken over. I love my hair color during the summer as the sun bleaches it for a decent streaking effect. However, during the winter I have more of the "funny blond" hair than I care to see or admit