Monday, July 9, 2007

A Font of Useless Information

The baby is headed to college. So are most of his friends. My helper and next-door neighbor is going through freshman orientation today. My elder goddaughter is headed off too. It's such an exciting time for them. I went to college -- I remember.

They are allowed to test out of subjects. This was not an option in my day so I'm a little jealous.

I wonder what I would test out of today. I probably could conjugate a verb. I am sure I could not do a chemistry table, even if you threatened to hack off my fingers -- one by one.

If they had a test about People Magazine I would excel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, People Magazine is an area I too, would excel. I don't even know what a "chemistry table" is and I took chemistry class for pre-nursing.

I really wish they would get professors in there to teach them "showroom" and not just "classroom". That's what is really valuable.