Monday, July 16, 2007

Shopping

The oldies love to go shopping. The warehouse store is their favorite destination and they come home loaded up with butter, bacon, paper towels and whatever else strikes their fancy. They also buy a lot of new clothes, which I find ironic for two people who rarely leave the house.

I rarely shop. I don't need a thing. I hate going to the grocery and those warehouse stores overwhelm me. I like a bargain so I usually buy a few things at the Nordstom's outlet (Last Chance) when I go to Phoenix in January. One of my girlfriends finds lots of bargains at Goodwill and consignment shops. I'm jealous.

Last Christmas, I made a list and paid a friend to do the bulk of it. Or, I shop online. This is fascinating to the mother-in-law and now she asks me to search for things for her. I may not be good at a lot of things but I can meander my way around the Internet.

Some shopping is critical, like shopping for your wedding dress or shopping for the bathing suit that doesn't make you look like a whale. (In college, a lot of girls were shopping for a husband.) Other than that, it's minutia: paper towels, toilet paper, something for dinner...

I have a husband. The oldies have stocked up on paper products. I prefer to go out for dinner. I won't be shopping for a while.

No comments: